Dive dry? In Hawaii? Yes! Unlike a wetsuit, a dry suit seals you off from outside water and you stay warm, even in surprisingly cold water. Dry suits also let you dive more challenging dive sites, and extend your dive season.
As a dry suit diver, you'll be more versatile - you can add or subtract layers of undergarments to modulate your temperature. In Hawaii, you can wear board shorts and a tshirt. In colder waters under 65F like northern California, you can wear heavier undergarments to keep you warm and dry.
Dry suits also help divers perfect their buoyancy by controlling the movement of air in the sealed suit. This helps the diver achieve better trim in the water, and adds extra protection from the elements. If you're diving inland dive sites such as quarries, lakes, sinkholes and caves, dry suits help make it happen.
Ocean Legends founder, Darren Fox, dives in a dry suit everyday in Hawaii with just board shorts and a t-shirt underneath.
Stay warm. Stay comfortable. Achieve better buoyancy. Dive those unattainable sites!
**We also offer special Kama'aina and Military rates with valid ID**
- Open Water or higher certification
- Ages 10 and up
- Professional diving instructor
- Course materials and certification fee
- All scuba diving rental equipment
- Knowledge review session
- 2 open water dives
- Complimentary pick-ups and drop-offs from hotels in Waikiki
- Transportation to and from the boat harbor
- Snacks and beverages on board the boat
- Bathing suit, towel, sunscreen, dry clothes
- Dry suit (Rentals available. Ask us for more info at the time of booking!)
- Certification card and logbook
- Lunch or money for lunch
- 1 full day
- NOTE: ALL TIMES ARE APPROXIMATE AND DEPEND ON WEATHER, BOAT SCHEDULES, AND STUDENTS INDIVIDUAL PROGRESSION
- Call Ocean Legends at 808-852-8881 to reserve your spot or email us via the form below.
- Review the PADI Medical Statement to make sure you can dive with us.
- If you can answer "YES" to ANY of the questions on the waiver, you will need doctor's approval before you can dive with us.
- Please don't hesitate to call the Dive Shop if you have any questions! 808-852-8881
You have a choice when you train. Get the best: PADI.
PADI Divers carry the most respected and sought after scuba credentials in the world. No matter where you choose to dive, your PADI scuba certification card will be recognized and accepted.
Complete the classroom portion of your certification online!