If you’ve ever wondered what it would be like to scuba, but aren’t sure that it's for you, this is the perfect introduction! Our experienced team will help you every step of the way. Our Discover Scuba Diving is usually done on either the south or west side of Oahu and we offer complimentary pick-up and drop-off for Waikiki hotels. Clients may also choose to meet us at the Dive Center so they can depart immediately following the boat's return.
The Discover Scuba Diving experience is a full day, from 9 AM until 3:30-5 PM*. You start with an academic briefing and video, followed by a two tank afternoon boat charter where you'll enjoy two scuba dives with one our skilled PADI instructors in no deeper than 40 ft of water. Snacks, such as chips and cookies, and fresh water are provided on the dive boat. All you will need to bring are a bathing suit, sunscreen, and a towel. We suggest you bring a small bag with those items and anything else you would like for a day out on the water. There's usually not a lot of room on dive boats, so please keep that in mind. If you get sea sick, we recommend you take one dramamine the night before and then two hours before you get on the boat. And, the best part? If you decide to become certified, your dives can count toward your PADI Open Water Diver certification.
*Times are approximate and vary depending on boat schedules, traffic, and other conditions
**We also offer special Kama'aina and Military rates with valid ID**
- Ages 10 and up
- Professional diving instructor
- All scuba diving equipment including mask, snorkel, fins, and wetsuit
- Complimentary pick-ups and drop-offs from hotels in Waikiki
- Transportation to and from the boat harbor
- Snacks and beverages on board the boat
- Bathing suit, towel, sunscreen, dry clothes
- Meet at 9:00 AM at the Dive Shop. (8:30 AM pick-up from Waikiki hotels)
- Finish at the Dive Shop between 3:30-5 PM
- Call Ocean Legends at 808-852-8881 to reserve your spot or email us via the form below.
- Review the PADI Medical Statement to make sure you can dive with us.
- If you can answer "YES" to ANY of the questions on the waiver, you will need doctor's approval before you can dive with us.
- Please don't hesitate to call the Dive Shop if you have any questions! 808-852-8881
- Keep in mind that you must wait a minimum of 18 hours after diving before you fly or go to altitude.
You have a choice when you train. Get the best: PADI.
PADI Divers carry the most respected and sought after scuba credentials in the world. No matter where you choose to dive, your PADI scuba certification card will be recognized and accepted.
Complete the classroom portion of your certification online!
Dive deeper and longer with Nitrox!